Monday 23 September 2013

Safety Pin Fashion Sketches

Today in textiles, I decided to a few fashion sketches of what I could create out safety pins.



I photocopied the sample and created different types of garments. I made a few punk based studies such as the jacket and trousers, as it is what you might expect more for a punk outfit. However I also tried making dresses: different lengths and styles, which became more catwalk fashion based. I even tried to recreate Queen Elizabeth I's dress, which is an odd mix, as the original dress is traditionally royal - decorated in pearls and embroidery - but is then turned into something punk and rebellious. This go's against how the queen is trying to portray herself in a role of being a leader, but could suggest an individual who want's to show who they're really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment