Friday 26 July 2013

Clothes I've Adjusted

Linking to my title of what methods are used in fashion to portray someone, I've decided to have a look at what I have done to my own clothes to make them more suited to me.

 The most typically adjusted clothing I have is shorts. This is because I never really buy shorts, as I find the ones I like to be a bit too expensive. So instead of buying them, I usually get and old pair of jeans at cut it at the length I want it.

Now, I can easily fold the bottom to make a neat edge, but however, I prefer frayed edges for some reason. This I suppose is because of my age and that it can be fashionable for frayed edged shorts. And usually to get the frayed edge it would take a few washes to get it like it is now.

I have been making my own shorts for years, and even though its not much of an adjustment, it is an essential part of my wardrobe, which I love to wear with a pair of patterned tights.

From drawing the shorts worn, I have learnt that they have lost a lot of shape. This was probably caused from the fabric being cut, washed several times, and worn a lot (even as a pair of jeans). However I still like to wear them. I suppose it's because I find them comfortable to wear; the material has become very soft. Or I enjoy wearing them as part of an outfit.

I don't really know what made me decided to cut my jeans up. Something to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment