Saturday 20 July 2013

Floral Drawings: Lesson 3

For this lesson we explored drawing grouped flowers from pots large scale with inks.

I really enjoyed doing this task as I liked experimenting with the natural, vibrant colours of the pansies and also trying to capture the smooth, velvety texture of petals with the inks.

I managed to use up two A1 sized paper for this task. One of the sheets were used to show line, texture, tone and colour, whereas the other one was used to experiment with Japanese brushes and how I can show more movement and shape.

For the pansy sheet, I drew out the flowers first with black Indian ink and let it dry slightly before adding washed out ink on top. By not having the Indian ink dry properly I was able to create my tone in my studies of the flowers I saw. This worked well with the leaves.




 For the second sheet, I used washed out inks and Japanese brushes to create a more natural shape and movement of the flowers and their leaves, as the daisies leaves are sharp and pointed in different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment